Valentine's Day Dinner Recipe
Do you hate going out to eat on Valentine’s Day? I do. The prix fixe menus are always overpriced, and the service is terrible. Plus there is so much pressure placed on that one meal. Skip the fancy dinner, and make a romantic meal at home This year, my boyfriend and I will make this meal together, with ingredients provided by Milk and Eggs.
Salmon in a Soy Sauce Marinade
with Broccoli and Rice
Recipe by Evan Dockser, my dad
Two 5-6 oz portions of Salmon
Toasted sesame oil
1. Make the marinade. Mix together ¼ cup of organic soy sauce, a tablespoon toasted sesame oil, 1-2 cloves of garlic minced, 1 tsp minced ginger, 2 scallions chopped, a ½ tbs of brown sugar, and a ½ tsp fresh black pepper.
2. Marinate the salmon in the mix in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Take the fish in the marinade out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking.
4. Add Olive Oil to pot. Add garlic. Once garlic is brown, add chicken stock and rice. Let rice cook, adding a pinch of salt.
5. Cook salmon in a ceramic or Pyrex dish for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350-degree oven.
6. Add cut up broccoli to a pan and sauté. Add a clove of minced garlic and soy sauce to taste. Cook over medium high heat until broccoli is browned.